Dear Guest, Please Register to Download Free Seminar Reports and PPT of each topic. The Download link will be visible only after the registration.Please search the topic before posting.

Please click the Facebook Like Button if you are satisfied

Subscribe To Get Latest Seminar Reports and PPT

Receive all seminar updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Custom Search

graphical password authentication

Huge Collection of Computer Science Seminar Topics, Reports and PPT.

graphical password authentication

Postby rita » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:56 am

please mail me full report on graphical password authentication

Re: full report

Postby Prasanth » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:14 pm

Graphical password schemes have been proposed as a possible alternative to text-based schemes, motivated partially by the fact that humans can remember pictures better than text; psychological studies supports such assumption. Pictures are generally easier to be remembered or recognized than text. In addition, if the number of possible pictures is sufficiently large, the possible password space of a graphical password scheme may exceed that of text-based schemes and thus presumably offer better resistance to dictionary attacks. Because of these advantages, there is a growing interest in graphical password. In addition to workstation and web log-in applications, graphical passwords have also been applied to ATM machines and mobile devices.

Dhamija and Perrig proposed a graphical authentication scheme based on the HashVisualization technique . In their system, the user is asked to select a certain number of images from a set of random pictures generated by a program . Later, the user will be required to identify the pre selected images in order to be authenticated. The results showed that 90% of all participants succeeded in the authentication using this technique, while only 70% succeeded using text-based passwords and PINS. The average log-in time, however, is longer than the traditional approach. A weakness of this system is that the server needs to store the seeds of the portfolio images of each user in plain text. Also, the process of selecting a set of pictures from the picture database can be tedious and time consuming for the user.

Sobrado and Birget developed a graphical password technique that deals with the shoulder-surfing problem. In the first scheme, the system will display a number of pass-objects (pre-selected by user) among many other objects. To be authenticated, a user needs to recognize pass-objects and click inside the convex hull formed by all the pass-objects.In order to make the password hard to guess, Sobrado and Birget suggested using 1000 objects, which makes the display very crowded and the objects almost indistinguishable, but using fewer objects may lead to a smaller password space, since the resulting convex hull can be large.

Content Tags : graphical password authentication seminar report, graphical password authentication pdf, graphical password authentication ppt, graphical password authentication doc, graphical password authentication technology
You do not have the required permissions to download the files attached to this post. You must LOGIN or REGISTER to download these files.
Site Admin

Re: full report : graphical password authentication

Postby mithun » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:22 pm

plz send me the full report
Active User

Postby varunhr » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:21 am

plz send full report and ppt to

Postby ramlaxman » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:27 pm

sir i need this topic pdf please forword me

Postby sushmashree » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:40 pm

i need full report and ppt plz send it to me

Postby Priyachinnu » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:32 am

plz provide full report and ppt

Re: graphical password authentication

Postby aasthaSaini » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:12 am

sir can i get the ful report and ppt pls

Postby poojagupta » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:05 pm

plz send me complete report and ppt

Postby nikitajain0607 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:31 am

i too need report and ppt and related information on this topic .. pls mail methese content ASAP at

Return to Computer Science Seminar Topics