Dear Guest, Please Register to Download Free Seminar Reports and PPT of each topic. The Download link will be visible only after the registration.Please search the topic before posting.

Please click the Facebook Like Button if you are satisfied

Subscribe To Get Latest Seminar Reports and PPT

Receive all seminar updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

?

Custom Search

Electronic Road Pricing system

Huge Collection of Electronics Seminar Topics, Reports and PPT.

Electronic Road Pricing system

Postby naveen27790 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:05 pm

Sir,Please send me the full seminar report on Electronic Road Pricing system.....
naveen27790
Active User

Re: Electronic Road Pricing system

Postby Prasanth » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:51 pm

The Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) scheme is an electronic toll collection scheme adopted in Singapore to manage traffic by road pricing, and as a usage-based taxation mechanism to complement the purchase-based Certificate of Entitlement system. The ERP was implemented by the Land Transport Authority in September 1998 [1] to replace the Singapore Area Licensing Scheme after successfully stress-testing the system with vehicles running at high speed. Singapore was the first city in the world to implement an electronic road toll collection system for purposes of congestion pricing.

The scheme consists of ERP gantries located at all roads linking into Singapore's central business district - areas within the Central Area such as the Downtown Core. They are also located along the expressways and arterial roads with heavy traffic to discourage usage during peak hours. The gantry system is actually a system of sensors on 2 gantries, one in front of the other. Cameras are also attached to the gantries to capture the rear license plate numbers of vehicles. Currently, there are 80 ERP gantries in Singapore. New gantries are implemented where congestion is severe, like expressways and other roads.

A device known as an In-vehicle Unit (IU) is affixed on the lower right corner of the front windscreen within sight of the driver, in which a stored-value card, the CashCard, is inserted for payment of the road usage charges. The second generation IU accepts Contactless NETS CashCard and EZ-Link. The cost of an IU is S$150. It is mandatory for all Singapore-registered vehicles to be fitted with an IU if they wish to use the priced roads.

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd sold the IU technology to Singapore, and the project was spearheaded by a Consortium comprising Philips Singapore Pte Ltd, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd, Miyoshi Electronic Corporation and CEI Systems and Engineering (now known as CSE Global Ltd) in 1995 through an open tender.When a vehicle equipped with an IU passes under an ERP gantry, a road usage charge is deducted from the CashCard in the IU. Sensors installed on the gantries communicate with the IU via a dedicated short-range communication system, and the deducted amount is displayed to the driver on an LCD screen of the IU.

Tags : electronic road pricing system seminar report,electronic road pricing system abstract,electronic road pricing ppt,electronic road pricing system ppt,electronic road pricing system pdf,electronic road pricing system filetype pdf,electronic road pricing system in india
You do not have the required permissions to download the files attached to this post. You must LOGIN or REGISTER to download these files.
Prasanth
Site Admin

Postby naveen27790 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:36 pm

Sir can you send me full report on this topic..... I didn't need ppt for this report...
naveen27790
Active User

Postby naveen27790 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:39 pm

I need a full seminar report on ERP around 30 pages, if possible...
naveen27790
Active User

Postby Prasanth » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:12 pm

Hi,

Pls find the attached report.

Regards
Prasanth
You do not have the required permissions to download the files attached to this post. You must LOGIN or REGISTER to download these files.
Prasanth
Site Admin

Postby naveen27790 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:56 pm

Thank u it was very useful to me :)
naveen27790
Active User

Postby gunjan kumar » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:07 pm

sir,send me the ppt of this topic
gunjan kumar

Return to Electronics Engineering Seminar Topics