Dear Guest, Please Register to Download Free Seminar Reports and PPT of each topic. The Download link will be visible only after the registration.Please search the topic before posting.

Please click the Facebook Like Button if you are satisfied

Subscribe To Get Latest Seminar Reports and PPT

Receive all seminar updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Custom Search

Airborne Internet

Huge Collection of Computer Science Seminar Topics, Reports and PPT.

Airborne Internet

Postby Prasanth » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:53 am

The airborne Internet will function much like satellite-based Internet access, but without the time delay. The airborne Internet will actually be used to compliment the satellite and ground-based networks, not replace them. These airborne networks will overcome the last-mile barriers facing conventional Internet access options

Airborne Internet is a private, secure and reliable peer-to-peer aircraft communications network that uses the same technology as the commercial Internet. It is an implementation which connects aircraft to a ground-based Internet access node, including the information which is passed across this communication link. It provides airborne access to wealth of Internet information and resources. It is convenient and has several uses like flight planning, en route reservations, travel arrangements. It is useful in providing the information about weather, surrounding airspace environment and for aircraft-to-aircraft communications. The security applications include flight tracking/deviation monitoring, in-flight video monitoring, cockpit voice/video recording.

This Airborne Internet (A.I.) is an approach to provide a general purpose, multi-application data channel to aviation. In doing so, A.I. has the potential to provide significant cost savings for aircraft operators as it allows the consolidation of many functions into a common data channel. A primary application for A.I. is to track aircraft for the air traffic control system. Many other applications can utilize the same A.I. data channel. The applications available are only limited by the bandwidth available.
A.I. began as a supporting technology for NASA’s Small Aircraft Transportation System (SATS). But there is no reason that A.I. should be limited to SATS-class aircraft. All of aviation, and even transportation, has the potential to benefit from A.I. The principle behind the A.I. is to establish a robust, reliable, and available digital data channel to aircraft

How the Airborne Internet Will Work

The word on just about every Internet user's lips these days is "broadband." We have so much more data to send and download today, including audio files, video files and photos, that it's clogging our wimpy modems. Many Internet users are switching to cable modems and digital subscriber lines (DSL’s) to increase their bandwidth. There's also a new type of service being developed that will take broadband into the air.

At least three companies are planning to provide high-speed wireless Internet connection by placing aircraft in fixed patterns over hundreds of cities. Angel Technologies is planning an airborne Internet network, called High Altitude Long Operation (HALO), which would use lightweight planes to circle overhead and provide data delivery faster than a T1 line for businesses. Consumers would get a connection comparable to DSL. Also, Aero Vironment has teamed up with NASA on a solar-powered, unmanned plane that would work like the HALO network, and Sky Station International is planning a similar venture using blimps instead of planes

Tags : airborne internet ppt, airborne internet pdf, interplanetary internet will work, airborne internet seminar report, computer the airborne internet will work, airborne internet access, airborne internet wiki, airborne internet advantages
You do not have the required permissions to download the files attached to this post. You must LOGIN or REGISTER to download these files.
Site Admin

Return to Computer Science Seminar Topics